The software types of Navistar International (5 great softwares)
Have you ever wondered about the types of software of Navistar International, how many software are there, which software are currently using? Please refer to the article below!
1. Brief about Navistar International
Navistar International Corporation is an American holding company created in 1986 as the successor to International Harvester. Navistar operates as the owner of International brand of trucks and diesel engines. The company also produces military vehicles through its Navistar Defense subsidiary along with bus production through IC Bus. Currently, Traton SE (formerly Volkswagen Truck and Bus) is the largest stakeholder of Navistar, owning 17% of the company.
Headquartered in Lisle, Illinois, the company has 13,000 employees worldwide as of 2019. Navistar operates through a network of nearly 1,000 dealer outlets in the United States, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico and more than 60 dealers in 90 countries throughout the world. The company also provides financing for its customers and distributors principally through its wholly owned subsidiary, Navistar Financial Corporation.
2 . The software types of Navistar International
2.1 . Servicemaxx software
Perhaps this is the brand’s most known software. ServiceMaxx is diagnostic software specialized for MaxxForce engines of Navistar International. This is software designed specifically for engine system.
ServiceMaxx software has 2 versions:
- ServiceMaxx J1708: old MaxxForce engine diagnostic software using the J1708 communication protocol
- ServiceMaxx J1939: This software replaces the J1708 version, supports both J1708 and J1939 communication protocols.
For ServiceMaxx J1939, there are 2 versions:
- ServiceMaxx J1939 level 1: only basic diagnostics, cannot change parameters, cannot delete emissions (DPF, SCR delete)
- ServiceMaxx J1939 level 3: advanced diagnostics, parameters change, delete emissions, aftertreatment (DPF, SCR delete)
2.2. NED software
NED (Navistar Engine Diagnostics): alternative engine diagnostic software for ServiceMaxx J1939. Since 2017, Navistar no longer updates the Servicemaxx J1939 version but instead has developed a new version called NED. However in terms of interface, NED is no different from ServiceMaxx J1939. This software only supports newer engine versions.
2.3. DLB software
DLB (Diamond Logic Builder): software specializing in diagnosing vehicle electrical systems (lighting, dashboard, remote control, ABS, air conditioning…) on Navistar International models. In addition to the basic diagnostic function, the software can also change parameters and program ECUs. Examples include delete the ABS system, programming the dashboard.
2.4. Navkal software
Navkal: software specialized in programming Electronic Control Module (ECM) for Navistar MaxxForce engine lines.
Navkal has 2 versions: Navkal and Navkal Pro. Compare the differences between the two versions below. In addition to features such as updating calibration file, reading errors, clearing errors. Navkal Pro version also has the ability to update the parameters of the ECM and program the blank ECM, (ECM has no data).
2.5. Oncommand software
Oncommand: software specializing in looking up information to support repair: disassembly, check and repair, circuit wiring diagram, location, specifications …
So I have just compiled for you the Navistar International software I know: with engine diagnostics software, there is ServiceMaxx for old vehicle, NED for newer vehicle from 2017. With electrical system diagnostics, there is DLB. With programming the ECM, there is Navkall. With the lookup software, there is Oncommand.
You see there is a lot of software, right? In addition, there are a some new software that I will continue to update in the future. Hope the article will help you, see you in the next shared articles.
- ✔ Allison DOC® 2021.4
- ✔ Meritor Wabco Toolbox [13.5]
- ✔ E-IDSS 12.2021 [Diagnostic Isuzu Industrial Engines]
- ✔ Eaton Service Ranger 4.10 
- ✔ Hino DX2-Hino Diagnostic eXplorer [2.2022]
- ✔ Volvo Tech Tool PTT V2.8.100
- ✔ Perkins EST 2021C
- ✔ Terex Schaeff Parts Manual Full
- ✔ Thermo King Wintrac 6.3
- ✔ Thermo King Electronic Parts Catalog (7.2012)
- ✔ TruckCom ToyotaBT Forklift [08.2021]
- ✔ Valtra Electronic Spare Parts Catalog [05.2015]
- ✔ Valtra AG North America [03.2020]
- ✔ Yale Pc Service Tool 4.98 [05.2021]
- ✔ Yale OneSource 10.2021